Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Plug it up...


In October I came upon my first house emergency but it also gave me my first kitchen hack. My Hot water tank went. My dad ended up driving down and at least got me water back in my house because I couldn’t find a plumber who could at least get me water until I could decide how to handle buying a new tank with money I didn’t have. So for a month I was with water but without hot water. Doing dishes was easy, except one problem. I had no way to plug the sinks and had one tub to put in.



In the tub I put the hot water but how to plug the rinse water without a plug how to keep what little water I had heated in the sink. In comes some Yankee ingenuity.



So no plug, take a metal lid of a jar that is slightly smaller than your sink and place it so the lip is facing up. You will still have some go down the drain but it will be a small amount and at least keep the water where you want it till you’re done. You save four bucks and it gets the job done.


No comments:

Post a Comment