Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Odd Tools


Every crafter has their perfect tools. Their favorite pair of scissors, favorite seam rippers, books, and those items we just always seem to be reaching for. I have a collection of them near all of my work stations. I have the usual, scissors, needles, pins, seam rippers, a bin for trash threads and a pin cushion besides my sewing machines. Where I knit, I have stitch markers, needles, pins, scissors of varying sizes, crochet hooks, treads, a bin for trash yarn and thread and hand lotion.

We all also have some random weird tools that we keep by use when we work. Here are some of mine

My knitting work space by my couch
  • Flashlight - getting a closer look at the machine when it is being weird.
  • Q-tips - for cleaning out lint
  • Tweezers – for spaces that my fingers don’t fit
  • Toe spacers – perfect for holding my bobbins without having to worry about thread tangling
  • Safety pins – they are just handy for keeping around
  • Purple Thang – I have talked about this before in a previous blog, I still love it.
  • A pen, and paper because you never know when you need to jot yourself a note.
  • A screwdriver – if you have an old machine or even a new one, (new ones usually comes with one) and changing the needle is easier if you have one. For older machines you sometimes need one to get to all the spots that need oiling.
  • An emery board for when you break, accidently cut or sew through your nail.
  • Lotion because when working with softer materials I don't like the feeling that my hand is snagging the fabric.
  • A place to put scrap fabric, yarns and threads

My current work space on my dinning room table. These need to be kept organized to be moved when mom comes to visit.




Got any useful tools you keep near your work space that have proven helpful? Would love to hear.

Work space near my vintage machines, screws, fashion discs for the easy touch, q-tips and a pill bottle for old needles.



No comments:

Post a Comment