Monday, January 4, 2016

BABA Black Sheep.

In a recent visit with my best friend we decided to be "adults" and go to a museum . We met in Lowell at the American Textile History Museum and wondered around catching up. they were doing a special exibit on wool. In one display we came across something interesting, a mother Goose nursery book with its pages opened to "BABA Black Sheep".

Now as I remember the poem it went:

BABA Black Sheep
have you any wool
Yes Sir, Yes Sir,
three bags full
One for my master
One for the lame
One for the little boy
who lives down to lane
BABA black sheep
Have you any wool
Yes sir, Yes Sir
Three bags full.

This is What we found written instead

Bah Bah, black sheep
Have you any wool?
Yes merry have I,
Three Bags full:
One for my Master,
One for my Dame,
But none for the little boy
who cries down the lane.

Interesting., how things change.
the Ryme in question

No comments:

Post a Comment