Thursday, April 7, 2016

Make a mistake


I want to show you something.

Take a look real close, can you spot the mistake that I made?



It started when I cut it out. Still can’t see it? Then let me tell you this no one knows or even cares when you make a mistake. All they see is the final product. They complement you, say it is so nice, so well done so go ahead make a mistake. When you do that is when you think it through because there is no need to panic. Think around it and see if you can come up with another solution.

These jeans provided the solution to my goof.




For me this mistake started when I cut it out. I had finished cutting out everything and realized I had only cut one of the back yoke, and 2 of the cuff and completely forgot the button hole strip. Yep it was a bit of a dozy. To top it off I was out of fabric. This people is why I save fabric so I went on a little adventure and dove it to the scrap pile and found tons of denim fabric from the jeans I made last spring that was just the right amount of what I needed for the shirt. I cut out the one more section of the back yoke, two more of the collars, and the button hole strip. I then thought and cut out one of the neck collar. Can you spot my mistake now?

These shorts are a little flipped but thats alright I needed a laugh.


We all have that moments of aww (insert expletive) but if we stop and think it through we can come out with something better and no one will know that your end result was based on one big mistake. So go ahead, save your fabric and make a mistake. It may be the best thing for the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment