Monday, February 29, 2016

Trash it

So a little easy sewing hint… You know those loose ends when you knit, or sew that you place down on your work space. You know the trash that you then forget was there so don’t throw it in the trash like you said you would. Am I ringing any bells? Let me guess you have proceeded to drag your project across it, it landed on the floor and you have since found it in every part of the house. You may have even found it well… at your “day job” that you only have to feed your textile addiction anyways. Well I may have found something that will avoid well the trash getting away.

I was visiting my mother’s knitting group and one of the members had a very clever “yarn bowl.” She took the little container that the Cherry Tomatoes came in and had her yarn ball in it. “Brilliant” I thought till I realized all the yarn balls I work with are too big. However in a fit of brilliance it fits the scraps. I just fill it up and when it is full I toss it into the trash or my doll stuffing pile. No more (ok less than normally) yarn and thread strands floating around my house. Works great, unless I knock it over again but even then minimal thread escapees make it to other parts of my home and work.

One by my spot on the couch


Tissue boxes work great too.

One by each Of my sewing machines



I keep one by all of my knitting spots, and sewing spots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment