Sunday, May 11, 2014

For the love of a Mother

Since so much of what I do and make is tied to my family I thought I would have a special blog in honor of Mother's Day.

Mothers we love them, we get annoyed with them, we learn from them, and we couldn't live without them. They are up with us at all hours of the night, clean us, and some of them dispite this still have more, I have a brother to prove this fact. We can Never thank them enough.

For me my mother, my Godmother, my grandmothers and my aunts are my rocks. Even the ones who have moved on. I can hear their voice in my head going "you got it" or "do you really need that." Moms are great. I loved spending my weekends with my Godmother knitting or sewing and watching classic movies. I love visiting my GG and just talking. When I am with her the most valuable thing in the world is time.

Now I can't forget my mom. She taught me to sew, knit, embroider, and so much more. Spending days in the kitchen with her or walking barefoot through the garden together. Yes she was the queen of embarrassments, when she came to my swim meets to be a timer, wearing Santa hats in January and wearing long johns at girl scout camp with the flap down so she could show off my snoopy pj bottoms. She stole them from me just for this purpose. The thing is I wouldn't trade it for anything when I was fighting with my dad  because  he wasn't keen on me going to college for history and then the bribes for me to choose the NH school over the NY school she was the one, with help from my Godmother, who told me to hold my ground. He eventually came around and I think my mom had something to do with convincing him.

So heres to our Moms and all their protection, love, teaching, hugs and patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment