Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Where do we begin?

For some time now I have been trying to figure out where to begin. The thing is history has no beginnings or ends it is a great big ball of time filled with events so I guess that is where I am stuck. So my first blog will be a look at who I am and what to expect.

I am a historical interpretor. I take history and help people understand it. You would think history would be pretty straight forward but for some history with all its dates and people can be confusing but also we tend to forget the why. Dates and people are useful to know but useless if you can't understand the whys.

There are also many clues that history gives us to understand our world. Science, math, language, culture and relations all feed our souls as much as they did our ancestors. We tend to forget other things too. Food, clothing, possesions, skills, nature, and so many other things can teach us about who we are and about our ancestors.

That is what I am about when I teach history. I strive to show that we are no different then our ancestors.  Yes we have technology but so did they.

So follow me and learn about the arts of our ancestors and the cultures they created.

No comments:

Post a Comment